There are two cemeteries connected with the Poplar Springs Missionary Baptist Church. The original cemetery dates back to 1876 with the deed of land and creation of the church itself. The newer cemetery sits right beside the Poplar Springs Missionary Baptist Church which is owned by John P. Harris. The newer cemetery started burials in the 1950’s, but the original cemetery was the burial spot for many black residents of the local Burnsville community, as well as nearby towns and counties.
Anson County Historical Society 206 East Wade St. Wadesboro, NC 28170